Mergers and Acquisitions Playbook: Lessons from the Middle-Market TrenchesWiley
The ultimate "tricks of the trade" guide to mergers and acquisitions
Mergers and Acquisitions Playbook provides the practical tricks of the trade on how to get maximum value for a middle-market business. This book uniquely covers how to prepare for a sale, how to present the business most positively, and how to control the sale timetable.
- Written in a straight-talking style
- Provides the tricks of the trade on how to get maximum value for a middle-market business
- Shows how the sellers can take capitalize their inherent "unfair advantages"
- Examines the differences between "value" and "currency"
- Explains how to handle bankruptcy and distress company sales
- Offers tips on managing your lawyers in the documentation process
Filled with empirical examples of successful-and unsuccessful-techniques, this practical guide takes you through every step of the M&A process, from how to manage confidentiality, how to create competition (or the impression of competition), to what to do once the deal is closed.